Mobile menu

TagEditor - Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format error
Thread poster: Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 14:43
English to French
+ ...
May 12, 2008

Hi,

I have to translate a file with TagEditor, and when I open the file, this message appears:

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format:
Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0

If I click OK, I can work in the file. But when I tried to save it under Save as Target, then the same message appears.

Somebody can tell me what the problem could be?

At the same time, I am not able to translate prizes - I have to change $00.00 format by 00,00 $. I can't open any segment before prizes.

Thank you for your help!
Véronique

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Consult the Plug-In section in TRADOS Manual May 13, 2008

There is a whole section about TagEditor and plug-ins and tag settings in the manual. It will make your life a whole lot easier to work with TagEditor.

If someone knows the answer, it would help if you include at least what version TRADOS you have and what operating system.

Good luck.

Andrea Kowalenko  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:43
Member (2006)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Problem between versions May 13, 2008

Dear Veronique,

I had the same problem some time ago. It is a problem between program versions, as Trados renamed their Indesign filter with their last version.

What you need to do is open your TagEditor-file in Notepad or some other text editor and search for the filter definition in the Header. I can't remember right now which way round it is, but you will find or "InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0" or "Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0". Whatever you find, you have to change the "D" from capital letter to lowercase or the other way round. Save your changes and close the file. TagEditor now should not give any error message any more.

Remember to change the letter back when you have finished translating your file, as otherwise your client will get the error message, too.

Hope this helps. I will keep my personal opinion about this matter for myself (just how can such an expensive program do changes like that between versions?!?).

I think I found the solution doing a Forum search or a Google search, and if I remember well, it was Jerzy who gave the answer then ...

Regards,

Andrea

Veronique Boulet
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work.... May 13, 2008

Hi

Thank you. I tried this, but nothing works.
I use Trados 6.5.

Thank you for your help!
Véronique

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:43
English to French
+ ...
Trados version? May 13, 2008

What is the base type of file you're translating? INX or ISC? (inx.ttx or isc.ttx)

If you're translating an INX file, I think you need Trados 7.1 and above to be able to translate this type of file. Check the file formats documentation which came with your version of Trados to be sure.

Ellen Xu
United States
Local time: 13:43
English to Chinese
Have you solved this problem? Jul 28, 2009

I encountered the same problem and solutions discussed in this article and others just don't work.

Do you know how to solve this problem? Or will this have any negative effect on the translation? I can open the file and save the file in ttx format.

Thanks

Veronique Boulet wrote:

Hi,

I have to translate a file with TagEditor, and when I open the file, this message appears:

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format:
Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0

If I click OK, I can work in the file. But when I tried to save it under Save as Target, then the same message appears.

Somebody can tell me what the problem could be?

At the same time, I am not able to translate prizes - I have to change $00.00 format by 00,00 $. I can't open any segment before prizes.

Thank you for your help!
Véronique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor - Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format error

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs