https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/104516-opening_ttx_files_in_demo_version_of_tag_editor.html

Opening .ttx files in demo version of Tag Editor
Thread poster: Katrine Myra
Katrine Myra
Katrine Myra
Local time: 23:01
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
May 14, 2008

I recently downloaded the demo version of Trados Freelance 7, in order to have something to practise on while saving up for the real version. I just aquired some .ttx files, which I attempted to load into Tag Editor, and I can't seem to get them to open. (I do not seem to have the required tag settings. I've looked through all the program's folders, and it just doesn't seem to be there.) I've looked and looked, but I can't see that it is stated anywhere in the documentation if this is a limitati... See more
I recently downloaded the demo version of Trados Freelance 7, in order to have something to practise on while saving up for the real version. I just aquired some .ttx files, which I attempted to load into Tag Editor, and I can't seem to get them to open. (I do not seem to have the required tag settings. I've looked through all the program's folders, and it just doesn't seem to be there.) I've looked and looked, but I can't see that it is stated anywhere in the documentation if this is a limitation of the demo version or not. Am I missing some crucial step, or will I simply have to upgrade?Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:01
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados demo version May 15, 2008

You can read limits of demo version of Trados in Workbench: Open Help>search for word "Demo version" and read it.
They explain details about Trados's demo version and how to handle it.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Some TTX files require tag settings May 15, 2008

Katrine Myra wrote:
...and I can't seem to get them to open. (I do not seem to have the required tag settings. I've looked through all the program's folders, and it just doesn't seem to be there.)

Some TTX files require tag settings to be provided by the client. These may for example be INI files. Not all TTX files require them, though.

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Try using a default .ini for opening the file May 15, 2008

If you get an error message about a missing .ini file, you probably won't be able to open the file with the full version either. Try requesting the missing .ini file from your client.
For test purposes you could also try to open the .ttx file with a different .ini file. E.g. HTML4.ini. TE will warn you that this is the wrong .ini file but usually opens the .ttx file.
If you want to avoid using TE altogether, there are a some tools that will allow you to convert .ttx to and from .rtf
... See more
If you get an error message about a missing .ini file, you probably won't be able to open the file with the full version either. Try requesting the missing .ini file from your client.
For test purposes you could also try to open the .ttx file with a different .ini file. E.g. HTML4.ini. TE will warn you that this is the wrong .ini file but usually opens the .ttx file.
If you want to avoid using TE altogether, there are a some tools that will allow you to convert .ttx to and from .rtf.

Arkady Vysotsky's PlusToyz
http://www.geocities.com/avvysotsky/PlusToyz.zip

Terminology Matters' TTXPress
http://www.terminologymatters.com/ttxpress.html

Olaf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening .ttx files in demo version of Tag Editor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »