Thread poster: Cotes Ramal
Cotes Ramal
Cotes Ramal
Local time: 23:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 16, 2008

Hello:

I installed Trados and Multiterm 7 in my new computer and had problems with the license. I wrote and called to SDL without success, they contacted me only to offer me an upgrade. Since I was not able to work I bought the upgrade to SDL Trados 2007.
My versions are:
-SDL Trados 2007 SDL Trados Translator´s Workbench 8.2.0.835 (Build 835)
-SDL Multiterm 2007 Multiterm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448)
When I try to create a termbase the following error appears on
... See more
Hello:

I installed Trados and Multiterm 7 in my new computer and had problems with the license. I wrote and called to SDL without success, they contacted me only to offer me an upgrade. Since I was not able to work I bought the upgrade to SDL Trados 2007.
My versions are:
When I try to create a termbase the following error appears on the screen: "Multiterm is unable to create the termbase".
Can somebody help me? The SDL support does not answer me.

Thanks a lot!

Mar Cotes
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Insufficient user rights? May 18, 2008

María del Mar Cotes Ramal wrote:

My versions are:
When I try to create a termbase the following error appears on the screen: "Multiterm is unable to create the termbase".

Probably you're not an administrator.

The MT7 data structure was designed in a very stupid way and doesn't respect the rules related to the Windows folders usage conventions.

You need admin rights on your PC in order to complete the MT base creation because the MT files are stored in the "All Users" folders.

The other solution is to grant the "full control" rights to the folder containng the termbases (somewhere in the Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data, the exact path depends of the MT version).

You use XP or Vista?

Can somebody help me? The SDL support does not answer me.

Quite regular.

Cheers
GG

Cotes Ramal
Cotes Ramal
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Insufficient user rights? May 18, 2008

Hi Grzegorz,

thanks for your help! I already checked the attributes of the corresponding directories and files and I still got the same error message, so I think it is not caused by insufficient user rights. I am also logged in as an administrator. The directory definitely is not write protected. Do you know if I can check some Trados log-Files, because I do not get any additional information regarding this error. I am using XP...
I also tried to uninstall / install TRADOS and
... See more
Hi Grzegorz,

thanks for your help! I already checked the attributes of the corresponding directories and files and I still got the same error message, so I think it is not caused by insufficient user rights. I am also logged in as an administrator. The directory definitely is not write protected. Do you know if I can check some Trados log-Files, because I do not get any additional information regarding this error. I am using XP...
I also tried to uninstall / install TRADOS and Multiterm, but the error persists.

Best regards,
M. Cotes
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Currupted template? May 19, 2008

María del Mar Cotes Ramal wrote:

I also tried to uninstall / install TRADOS and Multiterm, but the error persists.

So, maybe the termbase template may is corrupted.

1. Copy the MultiTermMtTemplate.mdb file from C:\Program Files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\Templates
2. Paste this file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\MultiTerm\Termbases

Hope this helps.

Otherwise, I fear you should contact the support and switch back to the old, good MT5 for some time.

Cheers
GG

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try registering... May 19, 2008

Hello Mar,

Do you still have Multiterm 7 installed? This may cause a problem and I suggest you uninstall all previous versions of Multiterm when using 2007.

I also recommend you register the files for Multiterm 2007, which is required for all customers who upgrade their version of Multiterm on the same computer. To do this, please run the following file:

Name: #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat

... See more
Hello Mar,

Do you still have Multiterm 7 installed? This may cause a problem and I suggest you uninstall all previous versions of Multiterm when using 2007.

I also recommend you register the files for Multiterm 2007, which is required for all customers who upgrade their version of Multiterm on the same computer. To do this, please run the following file:

Name: #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
Collapse

Cotes Ramal
Cotes Ramal
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Corrupted template? May 22, 2008

Hi Grzegorz,

thanks for your help, anyway unfortunately it does not work. I will keep trying to find a solution.

Best regards,
Mar

Cotes Ramal
Cotes Ramal
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Try registering May 22, 2008

Hello Gareth,

I have not Multiterm 7 installed, I unistalled it and Multiterm 7 before I installed SDL Trados 2007. I also registered the files of Multiterm, a technician told me to do so.

Do you have any other idea that could help me?

Thanks a lot,
Mar

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Read-only May 23, 2008

Hello Mar,

Please run Multiterm as Administror, (right click "Run As...") just to double check.

Also,

Could you please describe to me the steps you take to create a termbase.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

Antonia Tofalo
Antonia Tofalo  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
MtMaster.mdb missing Feb 16, 2009

Dear Gareth,

I have the same problem!
Running Multiterm as Administrator I receive the following messege when I try to create a new termbase:

Impossible to find the file: "C:\ProgramData\SDL International\MutiTerm\Termbases\MtMaster.mdb"

Where can I find this file??

Thanks in advance!

Antonia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm error: "Multiterm is unable to create the termbase"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »