Mobile menu

How to enter a superscript in SDLX that is not in the source?
Thread poster: oroborus
Local time: 02:12
English to Spanish
May 20, 2008

Has anybody figure out how to do this? I need to put a superscript in SDLX that is not in the source. I know you can change the font type, underline, put italics and boldface in the target only if you want, but cannot figure out how to put a superscript. I know I could just do it in the clean file, but I want it in the itd as well. What I need it for is for ordinal numbers in Spanish, 2.o, etc. (the "er"and the "o")

Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:12
English to French
+ ...
Same question months later Dec 26, 2008

I am facing the same problem and googling led me to your question ...

Have you solved the issue ?

I am still trying.

C. Mouton  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:12
Member (2007)
English to French
insert a "sup" tag Jan 3, 2009

Hoping it's not too late to give you an answer.

In your tagEditor document, open the segment you want to translate, then select the character(s) to set as superscript.

Right-click, choose "Insert tag", and use the drop-down list in the dialog (click the arrow) to select "SUP".

TagEditor inserts before your selection and after your selection (the tags might be slightly different if the source file was not html).

You then validate the segment as you usually do. The program will ask you to confirm that you really want to add these tags, say Yes... and it's done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to enter a superscript in SDLX that is not in the source?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs