Term recognition options
Thread poster: Profile
Canada
Local time: 08:44
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
May 22, 2008

1. In Term recognition options under Option, the language secltions are English, French, Germany, Spanish. How can I change this setting for other languages?

2. While working on the translation using SDL, there's a blue underline on one word in SDL Traods Translators' Workbench for some sentence that SDL recognizes, but there's no matching word information on the far right box where the word definition should be. How do I make this word definition appear?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:44
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What version of Trados do you have? May 22, 2008

Is it a Freelance version? In that case, you might want to deinstall the software and install it again, as it will only allow a limited number of languages, which are decided at setup time.

Or, if you have a full version, this might depend on the languages available in the termbase you are using. Are you sure your termbase contains other languages than the ones you list?

Canada
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Term recognition options May 22, 2008

It's a freelancer. I reinstalled it again adding specific languages I want other than the default ones (described as above). But the same default languages are only shown in the Language Selection under Term recognition options.

Before reinstalling it, it was recognizing terms and showing the term definition in German (since it's set between English and Germany now). Now after reinstalling, terms are only recognized with a blue underline and no definitions are shown in the right box next.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:44
English
Term Recognition Languages... May 23, 2008

Hello,

The term recognition language will change according to the termbase you have loaded in the Term Recognition Options.

1. Please open Translators Workbench

2. Please select Options -> Term Recognition Options

3. Under Termbase Location, please select your termbase you wish to load.

4. Your languages should change to the languages used in the termbase you have just loaded.

Also, words underlined in blue are placeables and not terms. Terms are underlined in red. If you see a word underlined in red, then you should see the relevent term appear.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

Canada
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Term recognition options May 23, 2008

At the bottom of Term recognition options, an English flag and a Korean flag show. In Termbase location, there is only Sample (local) and nothing else is avaliable to choose from. The setting can't be changed.

How does Placeable work?

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:44
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Create your termbase first May 23, 2008

Profile wrote:

At the bottom of Term recognition options, an English flag and a Korean flag show. In Termbase location, there is only Sample (local) and nothing else is avaliable to choose from. The setting can't be changed.

How does Placeable work?

If you want Term recognition to work, you must create your own termbases first and then load them in Term Recongnition Options, Termbase location.
Refer to the software documentation regarding Multiterm Convert and the way to convert a glossary into a termbase, or create a new termbase in Multiterm - File > New.

A Placeable (underlined in blue) is a term, figure or tag that you can copy from the source segment into the target by means of Ctrl + Alt + down arrow, or a command in TagEditor or the Trados menu in Word.

Regards,
Marina

Canada
Member (2009)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Term recognition options May 23, 2008

In SDL Multiterm, I clicked on Creat termbase under Termbase. After creating it(set with my own language selection during the process), I loaded my new created one from Termbase location.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition options

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs