Trouble opening PageMaker tagged text in TagEditor
Thread poster: Mathieu Jacquet

Mathieu Jacquet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:41
English to French
May 26, 2008

Hi to all,

the real issue is not really that I have a tough time "opening" it, but that, when I open the PageMaker tagged .txt, "tags" are considered plain text to be translated.

For example, on my latest exported file, the first source segment to be translated is:

[Pmtags1.0 win][C-COLORTABLE ("Black" 1 0 0 0)][@NOTE TEXT=FONT "Helvetica"]

(Note: I voluntarily replaced XML brackets by "[" and "]" otherwise the text would not appear...)

I resolved the problem by using Filter Pack (by the way, it is downloadable here), but I am not happy with that. I 'd rather follow a "cleaner" process using the Story Collector from Trados. And I do not want to rely on an "outdated" tool (if I may call Filter Pack an outdated tool...).

Any idea why TE opens every single segment this way?

By the way, I am using SDL trados SP2 and PageMaker 7.0.

Thanks to all for your ever valuable help,

Mathieu.

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Conflict with the Regular expression files... May 26, 2008

Mathieu Jacquet wrote:

the real issue is not really that I have a tough time "opening" it, but that, when I open the PageMaker tagged .txt, "tags" are considered plain text to be translated.

For example, on my latest exported file, the first source segment to be translated is:

[Pmtags1.0 win][C-COLORTABLE ("Black" 1 0 0 0)][@NOTE TEXT=FONT "Helvetica"]

(Note: I voluntarily replaced XML brackets by "[" and "]" otherwise the text would not appear...)

I resolved the problem by using Filter Pack (by the way, it is downloadable here), but I am not happy with that. I 'd rather follow a "cleaner" process using the Story Collector from Trados. And I do not want to rely on an "outdated" tool (if I may call Filter Pack an outdated tool...).

Any idea why TE opens every single segment this way?

http://talisma.sdl.com
Article 1138

By the way, I am using SDL trados SP2 and PageMaker 7.0.

The Pagemaker import was messed by default in SDLT 2006, as I remember.

Cheers
GG

Mathieu Jacquet  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! May 26, 2008

And thank you Grzgorz for the link to the SDL KnowledgeBase that I did not know.

The second entry gave me the answer (right, article 1138)...

Thanks again,

Mathieu.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble opening PageMaker tagged text in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs