Mobile menu

Help needed!! Work with TagEditor, Clean-up not possible because "Error while writing paragraphs"
Thread poster: Andrea Hauer

Andrea Hauer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
May 27, 2008

Dear all,

I have translated a Word document within TagEditor. Now, finished, I want to clean-up the whole, but I am not allowed to («Error while writing paragraphs»). I cannot save the target file neither.
Could anyone help me? This is very urgent because I have to deliver the whole today(

Thanks in advance for any help
Andrea

NB: I am working with Version 7.0 Freelance

[Edited at 2008-05-27 13:46]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
English to French
+ ...
Tag verification? May 27, 2008

Did you run the Tag Verifier and/or are you sure all the tags are correctly appearing in your target segments?

Also, what's the file format you're working with?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
French to Polish
+ ...
Bug in the Word filter... May 27, 2008

Andrea Hauer wrote:

I have translated a Word document within TagEditor. Now, finished, I want to clean-up the whole, but I am not allowed to («Error while writing paragraphs»). I cannot save the target file neither.
Could anyone help me? This is very urgent because I have to deliver the whole today(

NB: I am working with Version 7.0 Freelance

[Edited at 2008-05-27 13:29]


http://talisma.sdl.com
Article 1468

It may help.

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Hauer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Article 1468 doesn't work in this case. I tried and my problem resists ... May 27, 2008

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Andrea Hauer wrote:

I have translated a Word document within TagEditor. Now, finished, I want to clean-up the whole, but I am not allowed to («Error while writing paragraphs»). I cannot save the target file neither.
Could anyone help me? This is very urgent because I have to deliver the whole today(

NB: I am working with Version 7.0 Freelance

[Edited at 2008-05-27 13:29]


http://talisma.sdl.com
Article 1468

It may help.

Cheers
GG


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Hauer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Marie-Claude May 27, 2008

how does the Tag Verifier work?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
English to French
+ ...
Verifier May 27, 2008

Go to 'Tools > Plug-ins' and select Verifiers. Then select the SDL TRADOS Generic Tag Verifier.

To run the verifier, click on the little icon next to the spell-check icon. It has a small sheet of document with a check mark underneath.

You will then get an overview of the possible problems with the tags in your file, including added, missing or moved tags.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Article in Talisma does not describe ALL possible traps May 27, 2008

To use Tag Verifier go to Tools - Plug Ins, then select the "Generic Tag Verifier" and click ok.
Now press F8 and wait for the document being verified. In the error report double click the line with error description and the program will take you there, where the error occurs.

You can also send me the original file and the ttx to info at doku minus trans dot de.
Most probably I'll be able to get rid of your error.

BR
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Hauer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a million, Jerzy! May 27, 2008

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

To use Tag Verifier go to Tools - Plug Ins, then select the "Generic Tag Verifier" and click ok.
Now press F8 and wait for the document being verified. In the error report double click the line with error description and the program will take you there, where the error occurs.

You can also send me the original file and the ttx to info at doku minus trans dot de.
Most probably I'll be able to get rid of your error.

BR
Jerzy


I just sent you the files, thanks a million for your highly appreciated help!!!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Hauer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Jerzy May 27, 2008

Hallo Jerzy,

... hast du meine Mail eigentlich bekommen?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The error is most certainly in the Word converter May 27, 2008

No tag errors in the file, but nevertheles "Error while converting to Word document". This shows mismatching some fields or bookmark.
As I'm using SDL Trados 2007 SP2 I just recreated the ttx file, took the translated ttx as basis for ContextTM process and than translated the rest using "Translate to fuzzy" command. Togehter some 30 minutes work.
And a very important conclusion for me: the Word filter has been (indeed) highly modified since, this is not the first time I notice that.

File sent.

BR
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
English to French
+ ...
Question May 27, 2008

Andrea mentions she was working with Trados 7.0. Wasn't translation of Word documents in TagEditor only possible starting at version 7.1?!

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Willeke Kafoe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:06
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
The same problem Jan 15, 2009

I have the same problem... I also use Freelance 2007 Suite with FP2 and I cannot save the file. I also get the same message. I don't know how to recreate the ttx file and I have a deadline, who can help?

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Tobi
Local time: 01:06
English to German
+ ...
Solution with Office 2007 Mar 2, 2009

Just have a look at this thread:

http://www.proz.com/topic/41217?pg=e

Best regards,

Tobi


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:06
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
possible solution Apr 21, 2011

This article ( http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.882618606090546 ) was very helpful. I had the same error. Having made the changes described, I manager to get the target file I needed.

Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed!! Work with TagEditor, Clean-up not possible because "Error while writing paragraphs"

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs