Mobile menu

No text to translate at cursor position
Thread poster: Javiera
Local time: 19:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 28, 2008

Im using trados 6.5 with word for windows xp and i keep getting this message "no text to translate at cursor position".
Although i change the position of the cursor to the middle of the paragraph it doesnt help.

Oh i work with rtf format

Please help me!
I need to fix it ASAP!

Direct link Reply with quote

František Vaško
Local time: 02:13
English to Slovak
+ ...
use Tag Editor or save as .doc May 29, 2008

Hi, Javiera.
If the problem persists, try suggestion mentioned in (this thread for Trados 2007.
It might help, if not, try to save .rtf file as .doc (F12 - Save As) and translate this document. Or even better - open the document in question via Tag Editor, translate it and use the option Save Target As to save it as the original .rtf file.

Hope it helps, though I have never encountered such a problem (I am mostly translating using Tag Editor).

Local time: 19:13
+ ...
No text to translate at cursor position Oct 9, 2009

I had to change my lap top and trying to work with Trados 7.0 and windows 2003 and I'am unable to use trados. I keep receiving this message "No text to translate at cursor position" i change the cursor to the middle of the sentece and it doesn't work either... can anybody help me???? Is there a compatibility problem?? Please give some ideas! I am on my own and have to solve this problem.... thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No text to translate at cursor position

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs