Mobile menu

trados:both source and target text are visible(marks included)
Thread poster: sethbrundle

sethbrundle
Local time: 20:27
Czech to Italian
+ ...
May 28, 2008

Hello everyone,
I have this problem with TRADOS 7.
The program works, that's to say I can translate using and updating the translation memory and I get a 2language text...as I wrote in the topic subject, the problem is that both texts are visible together with the marks for starting and ending a translation unit. The file can be read normally on different computers, but it shows this vizualization problem on mine...

has it ever happend to anyone else? if yes, how did you solve it?

thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Search the forum for "hidden text" May 28, 2008

Hi Seth,
Please search this forum for "hidden text"; this has been discussed numerous times.

Best regards,
Ralf

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:27
English to French
+ ...
Also... May 28, 2008

...please, read your manual when something work differently from what you'd like. In this case, you are calling it a problem, whereas the real problem is that you didn't set your editing environment up before starting to use Trados. What you are calling a problem is actually a preference.

Trados documentation contains a thousand pages of information - I am sure you can easily find the information you need if you open the manual.

sethbrundle
Czech to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sorry May 29, 2008

sorry if I called it a problem and if I didn't check this forum's topics or my manual, but I thought something wasn't working just because this "preference" appeared all of a sudden, after I experienced an error for a missing mark...so I thought it was a consequence of this error somehow

anyways, thanks a lot for the advise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados:both source and target text are visible(marks included)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs