Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:41
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
May 28, 2008

I would appreciate some information on how to move Trados freelance 8.0 to the new host. So far I have just succeeded getting a one-month test version on the target system. I guess there must be some prescription or process to return the license to the pourchasing site and then to download it again (hopefully without losing everything on the ways).

In any case, if there's an official way for migrations, I have yet to find the documentation for it.

Thanks so much in advance and regards

Vito

Direct link Reply with quote

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:41
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
To return the license May 28, 2008

Hi Vito,

To return the license, go to Trados, License Manager, click on the View Activated Licenses button, in the box that appears choose the licence you want to deactivate and clic on Return.
On the new host, go to Trados, License Manager, clic on Activate Online.
I can´t remember whether you have to go to your account in the SDL Trados webpage to look for the number and enter it after clicking on Activate Online, but I followed this procedure when I had to reinstall the software and I didn´t loose anything in the process.
Hope this is the information you are looking for.
Regards,
Marina

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:11
English to Swedish
You can install on two computers May 28, 2008

Hi Vito,

If you would like to keep Trados on your old computer you can use the same activation code on your new computer, as long as they ar not networked together.

If you do not know your activation code, go to
http://www.translationzone.com
logon to your account and select My licenses.

I use my license on two computers without any problems.

Hope this helps,
Åsa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Migrating TRADOS to a new computer

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs