https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/107050-help_moving_sdlx_from_pc_to_laptop.html

Help moving SDLX from PC to Laptop
Thread poster: John Gallagher (X)
John Gallagher (X)
John Gallagher (X)
Local time: 03:11
Jun 4, 2008

Hi everyone. I have SDLX 2007 installed on my PC, but I need to move it to my laptop when I travel (I think I can only have it on one computer at a time). I don't seem to have softkey, softlock or dongle... Does anybody know what I can do? How can I even download the software into the laptop when it's removed from my account after dowloading to the first computer? Thank you!

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:11
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Load it again Jun 5, 2008

On your account at SDL you have the possibility to load the software as many times as necessary. Just install it on the other machine as usual.
Regards
Heinrich

John Gallagher (X)
John Gallagher (X)
TOPIC STARTER
License must also be transferred Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, but I still need to transfer the license from one computer to the other. Do you know about that?

František Vaško
František Vaško
Slovakia
Local time: 09:11
English to Slovak
+ ...
floating license Jun 5, 2008

It can be done if You are using so-called floating license. This license allows You to "Borrow" the license from the "license server" (it may be Your computer, does not need to be computer for server purposes only). On the license server You must have LMTools (downloadable from Your SDL account after You purchase floating license) installed and via this software and also SDL License Manager You will be able to manage Your license in an apropriate way.

Annelise Meyer
Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:11
English to French
+ ...
No need to transfer the licence from 2007 Jun 5, 2008

Hi Maurice,

as far as I am aware, there is no need to transfer your licence from one computer to the other: you may install SDL Trados on 2 computers. Simply enter the licence key available on your online account when the installer asks you to provide it and this is it.
The only thing is you won't be able to use SDL Trados simultaneously on the two computers if they use the same LAN.

Annelise

John Gallagher (X)
John Gallagher (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 5, 2008

Thank you very much Heinrich, František and Annelise for your quick replies and kind help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help moving SDLX from PC to Laptop

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »