MultiTerm 7 cannot display multiple entries
Thread poster: David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
Jun 5, 2008

I am using MultiTerm 7 in conjunction with Trados Workbench 7.5. I have never been able to get MultiTerm to display more than 1 entry at a time for a segment, even though I know that there are multiple terms in a sentence which have translations in MultiTerm. Is there a switch I am missing?

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:20
English to Czech
+ ...
Missed the red brackets in TW? Jun 8, 2008

Hi David,
TW cannot display multiple terms from one sentence in the Terminology Recognition sub-window. It can only display several translations (e.g. from multiple termbases) of the current term.

If there are more terms than one in the source sentence, you can usually see red "brackets" above the terms, while the Terminology Recognition sub-window only displays the translation of the very first term found in the source segment. You will then have to move manually between the other terms found in the source segment: either by clicking on the red "bracket", or by pressing CTRL+Right/Left Arrow.

Also, make sure your fuzzy terminology recognition is not set too high.

Tomás Cano Binder, CT  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Several red brackets there? Jun 8, 2008

Stanislav is right. Either you did not notice the red brackets on the terms in Workbench's window.... or something is not defined correctly in the termbase...

On a second thought, why don't you send us the termbase definition (we don't need the entries) to recreate here and check that the definition is correct? Get in touch with an email via my profile and I'll tell you where to send it.

[Edited at 2008-06-08 15:17]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7 cannot display multiple entries

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs