Thread poster: Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Germany
Local time: 07:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 8, 2008

Hello Everyone:

I am starting to use Multiterm (MT 7, build 320). I thought it was a good idea to use the server termbase server, as proposed in the User's Guide, using as user's name and password "visitor" and specifying as MultiTerm server computer the site http://multiter.com/mtanywhere.

The thing is that the user's name is not valid and that it is not possible to cancel the remote connection (if I delete the given web site and live the space blank, the option "OK" greys out), so I cannot use Multiterm because everytime I try to use my personal termbase I get an error which, translated into English (I get it in Spanish) says something like: "Error searching termbase X: Error recovering COM class generator for remote component with CLSID.... due to error 800706ba.."

I have checked in the Forum I found out that other people had the same problem, but no solution had been given, except de-installing and installing MultiTerm.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Thank you very much in advance,
Verdeflor

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
You got it wrong Jun 8, 2008

Hi Verdeflor,
the termbases you can find on multiterm.com are only demo databases which obviously don't store all terminology for all language combinations (that's probably why you're getting the error message).
If you want to implement and use Multiterm Server, you will have to purchase the product from SDL International and install it on your own server connected to the backbone Internet line.

But be careful: not only is MultiTerm Server quite expensive for a freelancer, but it cannot run under Linux which means you have to purchase the Windows Server OS for a certain number of users as well! And especially this might get damn expensive (even tens of thousands of Euros)!!!

[Upraveno: 2008-06-08 20:30]

Verdeflor
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved using "Administrator" status Jun 10, 2008

Hi Stanislav,
I didn't know it was like that.

I'm writing my solution in case someone else is in my same case. It didn't help to de-install and install the programme (I have no idea where Trados saves the data, but its quite well kept), I still had the same pop-up.

I solved the problem turning from "User" modus to "Administrator" and then doing the changes.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Verdeflor

CR-TRAD
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Same Problem Oct 25, 2008

Hi VerdeFlor

I have the same problem but I cannot understand how you solved it.
I accessed a remote termbase and now when I try to access my local termbases it gives me the same pop-up message. Please explain to me what I need to do exactly.

Please help me.

Verdeflor
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Use "Administrator" rights instead of "user" rights in your computer Oct 27, 2008

Hi CD-TRAD:
What I mean is that I could cancel the remote connection by using my computer with "Administrator" rights, instead of "User" rights. So, I changed to Adminsitrator, then I cancelled the remote connection (I could endly delete the remote server's site) and then I turned back to "User" modus. And... well... I am not using a remote termbase.
Good luck!
Verdeflor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remote server connection blocking Multiterm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs