Edit tags in TagEditor
Thread poster: Miho Campbell
Miho Campbell
Miho Campbell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:34
English to Japanese
Jun 12, 2008

Hi. My new agency asked me to edit text in protected tags. (I was asked to translate everything in TagEditor.) Is it possible to edit non-element items in protected tags in TagEditor? I use Trados 6.5.5. The following is the instruction I received from them: The TEXTs to be translated is on the following tags (*I removed "/>" and "

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:34
English to Czech
+ ...
Yes, it is possible Jun 12, 2008

Hi Miho,
it is possible but you will need an INI file that will sort of "open" the protected tags (probably Meta tags; your code is not displayed). But it should be your agency to provide you with the correct INI file. It is apparent they don't know at all what they're talking about.

Another option is to clean up the TTX first and edit the meta tags manually using the Notepad.

Alternatively, you can
... See more
Hi Miho,
it is possible but you will need an INI file that will sort of "open" the protected tags (probably Meta tags; your code is not displayed). But it should be your agency to provide you with the correct INI file. It is apparent they don't know at all what they're talking about.

Another option is to clean up the TTX first and edit the meta tags manually using the Notepad.

Alternatively, you can also copy-paste the metatags to Word, translate them there and copy-paste them again into your html. This way you will get the metatags into the TM even without the INI file.
Collapse

Miho Campbell
Canada
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
How to open the protected tags? Jun 12, 2008

Thank you for the info. Can you please tell me how to "open" the protected tags? Someone send me the following instruction (for 2007), but I cannot find the "Element tab" or "Properties":

go to Elements tab and select the tags you want to edit the parameters and for each one, click Properties and go to the Attibutes tab – you will then be able to select the attributes that should be edited.

My version is simply too old to support this function??

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:34
English to Czech
+ ...
Quite easy :) Jun 12, 2008

In TW, go to Translation memory options > Tools tab > Tag Settings. Now the Tag Settings Manager opens. Click on the "Predefined HTML settings" entry (or - if you have been provided with a different INI file - on the corresponding entry) and click on Properties. Now the Tag Settings Properties dialog opens where you can select the "Elements" tab and edit the properties and attributes.

Best wishes!

Stanislav

Miho Campbell
Canada
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Jun 12, 2008

Thank you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit tags in TagEditor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »