Thread poster: Evgueni Terekhin

Evgueni Terekhin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:48
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 13, 2008

Can anyone please advise how to get the source text boxes back on the screen? I have no idea what happened. I restarted my Word and they disappeared. (there had popped up a question about macros).

Thank you!
Evgueni

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 02:48
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Macro have to be set on low/middle "security" Jun 13, 2008

Hello Evgueni,

try either this (or what follows): it depends on your settings, but you should be able to see a sort of "P" among all MSWord icons (the "character" you normally see in the document at the end of each paragraph, if all characters are set to visible). Click on it to view all characters. Another way to come to the same result: Tool - Option and then tick on show all characters (or signs - sorry, my sys is in German, don't know the exact MSWord definitions)

As you mention macro, you have to set the (document) security on "middle" when prompted, otherwise Trados won't "work". Put it a very simple way, Trados is a macro.

Giuliana

Evgueni Terekhin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:48
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jun 13, 2008

thank you very much! I can see the source text now. My macro security was on the middle. Don't know what happened. Well, I see the sourse text but it's filled up with charachters and there're no boxes or backgroud color. Weird. But thank you anyway!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source text boxes dissapeared in Trados Workbench

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs