TM: "(xxxx) invalid record reference"
Thread poster: Titia Meesters
Titia Meesters
Titia Meesters  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:04
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
Jun 13, 2008

My master TM appears to contain an error in one segment, causing problems with all search and filter commands giving the error message "(xxxx) invalid record reference".
I use SDL Trados 2006 (Workbench 7.5.0.759). Could anyone tell me how I can localize this segment in order to remove it? When I open the TM in a line editor (UltraEdit), search for the (index?) no. does not give any results. This is a large TM (>100.000 segments) so any manual search is not an option...

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
HTH Jun 13, 2008

http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/10974-trados_message:_\invalid_record_reference_in\-.html?&print=1

Otherwise, just googling the error message could be useful; obviously, you're not the first to encounter this problem
<
... See more
http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/10974-trados_message:_\invalid_record_reference_in\-.html?&print=1

Otherwise, just googling the error message could be useful; obviously, you're not the first to encounter this problem

Good luck!
Collapse

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Invalid record reference Jun 13, 2008

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?tab=browse&r=0.9509251

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the URL, please Jun 13, 2008

Looks like something's wrong with the link - can you please check?

TIA, Ralf

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Correct link? Jun 14, 2008

I think this link may be the correct one.

Titia Meesters
Titia Meesters  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
new link does not work either - but problem seems to be solved! Jun 15, 2008

It works! I am not sure what exactly did the trick, as I reorganized the TM several times before while trying to repair it, but I tried again and this time it looks like everything works well now. Thanks Margreet, for the link that made me try this again.. and thanks to the others for their contributions!

I am still interested in the right talisma.sdl link if anyone could give this, as I think this error may happen again, and I am not sure that reorganizing will do the trick next ti
... See more
It works! I am not sure what exactly did the trick, as I reorganized the TM several times before while trying to repair it, but I tried again and this time it looks like everything works well now. Thanks Margreet, for the link that made me try this again.. and thanks to the others for their contributions!

I am still interested in the right talisma.sdl link if anyone could give this, as I think this error may happen again, and I am not sure that reorganizing will do the trick next time..

For now I am very happy! Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM: "(xxxx) invalid record reference"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »