Thread poster: Khaled Al-Shehari

Khaled Al-Shehari  Identity Verified
Oman
Local time: 18:03
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 14, 2008

Hi all,
I have an urgent problem. I was working fine with my TRADOS for months. Today, whenever I start Open/Get next translation unit in TagEditor, a message comes up from Workbench saying that Workbench encountered a problem and had to close. Then I have to close Workbench. Nothing wrong with the file memory as I work on it in my other computer (also at home). Last week, I bought a new conputer and installed TRADOS and activated the license. There was no problem. This problem happended after I inslalled TRADOS on the other computer and activated the license. I tried to activate the license again on this computer, but still i have the same problem. When I go the license manager, I find two licenses activated (maybe because I did it twice). I also uninstalled TRADOS and installed it again, but still have the same problem. Two weeks ago, I installed Office 2007, do you think this is a prroblem? But I'm working with TagEditor not from the word? I would really appreciate it so much if you get back to me with your suggestion. By the way, when I reinstalled TRADOS, I received repeated message that Microsoft .NET Assembly Registry encountered problem and had to close, but installation completed successfully.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:03
English to Czech
+ ...
.NET version Jun 14, 2008

Please check you have the latest .NET version (do so on the Microsoft web). If your .NET version is OK, try to re-register Trados (re-register meaning in the Windows registry here) by running the SelfRegister.bat file from your Trados installation folder.

Oman
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where to find SelfRegister.bat? Jun 15, 2008

I tried to locate the file SelfRegister.bat but was not able to find it. i tried in the folder where the Trados is installed but no result. My .NET is up-to-date.

Oman
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Jun 15, 2008

Thank you very much Stanislav. I didn't find the file itself but I did regitration from Explore-programs-SDL International-TRADOS-Register. It worked now. Thanks alot. I still have the license appears twice in the activated screen, is that any problem? I cannot delete one of them. Is that ok?
Regards,

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:03
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is a small program within the SDL Trados program group Jun 15, 2008

And you don't need the latest NET version.
It is highly important to install EXACTLY the version from Trados installation pack.
Should you have an updated NET BEFORE you install Trados, the installation may not work.

To register the software: go to Start, click Programs, navigate to the SDL International program group, open the SDL Trados program group, chose Trados and let the "Register Trados...." run.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench encounters problem and close

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs