Marie-Laure Burlion (X)
Marie-Laure Burlion (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:31
English to French
+ ...
Jun 18, 2008

Good afternoon everybody,

Here is my problem : my client gave me a Javascript file (".js") to translate, and told me I just needed to put the .ini file with TagEditor and that it was ok. The problem is that Tageditor doesn't even recognise the file format !

Do I have to do something with the file before opening it with TagEditor ?

Could someone help me please, it is the first time I meet this kind of file !

Thank you in advance !

... See more

Here is my problem : my client gave me a Javascript file (".js") to translate, and told me I just needed to put the .ini file with TagEditor and that it was ok. The problem is that Tageditor doesn't even recognise the file format !

Do I have to do something with the file before opening it with TagEditor ?

Could someone help me please, it is the first time I meet this kind of file !

Thank you in advance !

Marie-Laure

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-06-18 21:55]
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Some options. Jun 19, 2008

Marie-Laure Burlion wrote:

Marie-Laure

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-06-18 21:55]

w
Marie Laure,

You may have more luck with SDLX which is part of the SDL Trados package, if you choose the filter for programming languages.

Or Okapi Rainbow (a free tool) has a filter for JSON (JavaScript Object Notation), which might work for the js file, too, but you must be able to handle all the technicalities involved in processing a file through Rainbow.

Hope this helps, if only a little.

Regards,

Piotr

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Swordfish Jun 19, 2008

Swordfish (www.maxprograms.com) can translate JavaScript files directly. There is a fully functional trial which, I believe, will run for a month.

Support is available free of charge from swordfish_support (at) yahoogroups.com . You need to subscribe to the list to send e-mails to it.

HTH

Piotr.

Marie-Laure Burlion (X)
Marie-Laure Burlion (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Javascript file to translate with TagEditor Jun 19, 2008

Thank you for your answers !

It seem the file had a problem, so I simply opened it with the notepad and then translated it without translation memory.

Thank you again,

Marie-Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Javascript file to translate with TagEditor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »