Mobile menu

Compare two documents with Trados?
Thread poster: briski

briski  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:08
Italian to French
+ ...
Jun 23, 2008

I would like to know if it is possible to compare two versions of the same translated document with Trados 2007?
One is the original translated document (bilingual) and the second one is the proofread document (bilingual).
So this means that source is always the same, but target has been it possible to compare the changes that have been made and see where they have been made?

Thank you:)

Direct link Reply with quote

alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
You can use your TM Jun 23, 2008

I think you have to open every TU of the proofread file with your TM; if you have an "exact match" nothing was changed, if the match is "fuzzy" you can see what was changed comparing the new text with the one that appears in the Trados window (I hope I was clear enough...)

[Edited at 2008-06-23 09:33]

Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Use ApSIC Comparator Jun 23, 2008

Hello briski,

My favourite tool for that is ApSIC Comparator (
You can use it to compare DOC, RTF, TTX, as well as ITD files (SDLX).

[Upraveno: 2008-06-23 09:59]

[Upraveno: 2008-06-23 10:00]

tectranslate ITS GmbH
+ ...
Or just use Word Jun 23, 2008

Or you can just use the corresponding Microsoft Word feature to compare the two documents. That is, if the document is in fact in MS Word format, which you forgot to mention.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compare two documents with Trados?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs