Term extraction tool for Multiterm
Thread poster: AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
Jun 23, 2008

Dear colleagues,

does anyone know a moderately priced tool for term extraction from ttx files? Final goal is importing into Multiterm.

Thanks in advance for all replies

Achim

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:48
German to English
+ ...
MultiTerm Extract Jun 23, 2008

AchimT wrote:
does anyone know a moderately priced tool for term extraction from ttx files? Final goal is importing into Multiterm.

This product is designed to do what you want among other things.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 04:48
English to German
+ ...
Multiterm extract Jun 23, 2008

Hi! you need a very specific java backing for it. I think it is 1.4.8.2 edition. Brandis

AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
TOPIC STARTER
Good but expensive Jun 24, 2008

Thanks Kevin and Brandis.

I tried Multiterm Extract about a year ago and it worked really well, but the price is high. I was hoping that maybe there are other products that also work ok but for a more moderate price.

Brandis, I tried it on a machine together with a default installation of Trados 2006. I didn't check whether it installed its own Java environment.

Achim

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Depending on the build Jun 24, 2008

Brandis wrote:

Hi! you need a very specific java backing for it. I think it is 1.4.8.2 edition. Brandis

This requirement depends on the build. Usually you have to install the same JRE that was provided in MultiTerm installation set.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
@Froehlich Jun 24, 2008

Hi!

Lately I have taken a check at another term extraction tool from Eu-terminology DBs it is not bad either. It is .tmx compliant. I unfortunately do not have the link to post here. Former forum threads might help. Brandis

AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 24, 2008

Thanks a lot for the Info guys. There's another tool out there from a company called 'Heartsome', a Dictionary Editor as they call it.

I hope to be testing it soon, and will report back asap.

Thanks a lot again!

Achim

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Heartsome... Jun 25, 2008

AchimT wrote:

Thanks a lot for the Info guys. There's another tool out there from a company called 'Heartsome', a Dictionary Editor as they call it.

I hope to be testing it soon, and will report back asap.

Thanks a lot again!

Achim

No good, Achim. I tested it a few months ago and if I'm not mistaken, it is not really a term extraction, but rather a terminology management program.

AchimT (X)
AchimT (X)
English
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm Extract Jun 26, 2008

Thanks for the info Stanislav.

AAMOF, we've today decided to buy Extract. There don't seem to be many options, we're planning on using this extensively in the future, and in previous tests it worked ok.

Thanks again for all the answers!

Achim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term extraction tool for Multiterm

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »