https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/108743-certification_course_sample_files_wont_load.html

Certification course - sample files won't load!
Thread poster: Josée Bayeur (X)
Josée Bayeur (X)
Josée Bayeur (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:54
English to French
+ ...
Jun 25, 2008

Does anyone have experience with taking the certification course on your own? I deleted and re-downloaded and re-registered everything, even refreshed my sample files and still, I cannot get passed the first step of setting a termbase in MultiTerm as I get this error message: "The Microsoft Jet database cannot find the input table or query 'intCatalogObject' Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly." I use windows XP and the latest SDL Trados 2007 SP2 build 835 and MultiTerm 2... See more
Does anyone have experience with taking the certification course on your own? I deleted and re-downloaded and re-registered everything, even refreshed my sample files and still, I cannot get passed the first step of setting a termbase in MultiTerm as I get this error message: "The Microsoft Jet database cannot find the input table or query 'intCatalogObject' Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly." I use windows XP and the latest SDL Trados 2007 SP2 build 835 and MultiTerm 2007 SP1. Trados doesn't seem to offer any support for this! Anyone?Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:54
English to Czech
+ ...
.NET version Jun 26, 2008

Hi Josee,
try to download and install the latest .NET version from Microsoft's web. Microsoft Jet is a hybrid of Java and Microsoft's own technology and it's real pain working with it.

Josée Bayeur (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.net files? which one? Jun 26, 2008

Thanks Stanislav, Is it Framework? I know some .net file was downloaded along with one of my Trados downloads... I looked on the Microsoft site and I saw a 3.5 version, do you think I should download it?

Josée Bayeur (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 loaded Jun 27, 2008

I have installed the new .NET version but I get the same message, any other suggestion?

Josée Bayeur (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Could sample files be incompatible with latest upgrade? Jun 28, 2008

I am beginning to suspect incompatibility between the certification sample files and the latest SDL Trados 2007 build 835 and MultiTerm SP1. Anyone else doing the course here?

Diarmuid Kennan
Diarmuid Kennan
Ireland
Local time: 21:54
Member (2006)
Danish to English
+ ...
Same problem here Mar 20, 2009

Hello Josée,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with a file that a client sent me.

I was wondering if you found any solution that might be useful to me.

Thanks,

Diarmuid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certification course - sample files won't load!

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »