WinAlign Missing File Types to Align
Thread poster: cave_man
cave_man
cave_man
English to French
Jun 27, 2008

I'm trying to use WinAlign in Trados 2007 to Align a Power point presentation. It seems that in the "New Align Project" window, under the general tab and file type that the option to select .ppt files is missing along with a bunch of other file types. Does anyone know how to get these working?

Thanks for any help.

Sandra Bertolini
Sandra Bertolini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:38
German to Italian
+ ...
WinAlign and PPT Jun 27, 2008

I see ppt in the list so I'm just supposing that perhaps you have a demo of the software, because WinAlign does support even .ppt files... and a lot of others

Bye

Sandra

cave_man
cave_man
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
WinAlign Jun 27, 2008

I have the full licensed version of the software. One of my collegues has the program installed and he has the options but I don't. The setup to the program was pretty straight forward and I don't see how some of the file types installed and others didn't. Is there anything I can do short of trying to re-install the program over again?

cave_man
cave_man
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
WinAlign Jun 27, 2008

I fixed it. I don't know how it got missed in the installation process but you have to copy the "c:\douments and settings\all users\application data\sdl international\filters" folder from a working system to the bad installation.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 14:38
English to Thai
+ ...
SDL Trados 2007 synergy Jun 28, 2008

In SDL Trados 2007 synergy, you see the instruction to set filters of many file types.
Do not forget to reset filters for your *.ppt files if you felt installation process of the program was incomplete.

Cheers,
Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign Missing File Types to Align

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »