MultiTerm Extract 2007 from Group Buy, no instruction about how to activate?
Thread poster: rikkie
rikkie
rikkie
Australia
Local time: 01:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jun 27, 2008

Hi everyone, especially those who joined the recent Group Buy...

After installing MultiTerm Extract 2007 from the recent Group Buy (CCM Methodology Suite (SDL Trados 2007 Freelance + SDL MultiTerm Extract)), I cannot find how to activate it.

It runs only in Demo mode, indicating that no license file is found.

After the purchase, I received an email titled "SDL Trados International -- License information for order xxxxxx". This email shows the activation c
... See more
Hi everyone, especially those who joined the recent Group Buy...

After installing MultiTerm Extract 2007 from the recent Group Buy (CCM Methodology Suite (SDL Trados 2007 Freelance + SDL MultiTerm Extract)), I cannot find how to activate it.

It runs only in Demo mode, indicating that no license file is found.

After the purchase, I received an email titled "SDL Trados International -- License information for order xxxxxx". This email shows the activation code that activated Trados and associated applications by License Manager > Online Activation.

This code didn't work with MT Extract by License Manager, showing the error message:

Initialization of API failed. (Error code 50005)

FIRST QUESTION:
Is this activation code supposed to activate MT Extract (as well as TRADOS)?

Or like some posts show, is the license separately sold and not included in the Group Buy package? (This is absurt if it is true - the ad says "SDL Trados 2007 Freelance + SDL MultiTerm Extract"!)

SECOND QUESTION:
Is someone from the recent Group Buy able to tell me how you activated MT Extract 2007?

NB: 'My License' in my SDL account shows the activation code only, which appears with the suite covering Trados and MT Extract. No license file or how to get it is displayed. Is this the same as you?

No previous version of Trados and MT were installed before. This is a first time.

Thank you so much in advance.

yimai
Collapse

MGL
MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:55
Russian to English
I have the exact same problem Jun 28, 2008

The license manager and the information on my SDL account online show that MT Extract should be covered, but it will only run in demo.

I hope someone can lend us a hand with this one.

rikkie
rikkie
Australia
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still waiting for any response from SDL Customer Service... Jun 29, 2008

Hi Megan,

It's good to know that it is not just me who have this issue.

For two days, I've been waiting for SDL Customer Service to respond to my request for help, but nothing so far.

If I found out any successful solution from them, I will post it here.

Cheers,
yimai

MGL
MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:55
Russian to English
yeah Jun 29, 2008

I expect we'll have to wait out the weekend. The last time I asked them a question (on a weekday) I got a very quick reply.

EDITED to update:
I received a reply this morning and my situation has been completely resolved.
The email I received said they had experienced some licensing problems over the weekend. I was given a new activation code and a separate node license for Extract, and now everything is up and running.

[Edited at 2008-06-30 12:06]

rikkie
rikkie
Australia
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My problem also solved in the same way Jun 30, 2008

Hi Megan,

Glad to hear your problem is solved. My problem was also solved with SDL Customer Support's assistance, which I was longing for a long time.

Yes, after exchanging many emails with the support representative to narrow down possible causes of the problem, I was given a new activation code for Workbench and a node license for MT Extract.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Extract 2007 from Group Buy, no instruction about how to activate?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »