Mobile menu

TagEditor error 80005 accessing Excel file "Unable to get the Name property of the Series class"
Thread poster: Adam Thomson

Adam Thomson  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:19
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 29, 2008

TagEditor error message when trying to access an Excel file in TagEditor to create a TradosTag file.

The full error message is, "(80005): Connection with server application error: Unable to get the Name property of the Series class". This makes no sense to me but then I am not a computer expert.

TagEditor had no problem accessing the other Excel file the client sent, so I suspect there may be some corruption in this particular file. (I will be tactfully asking the client for another copy of the file.)

However, it would be good to know if someone has some insights on this: how one might work with the file in Excel to overcome the problem, or whatever.

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:19
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Impurity Jun 30, 2008

I say the source Excel file has impurity e.g. certain types of error.

The quickest way is trying:
1. Save the Excel file as tab delimited file (*.cvs or .txt)
2. Open it.
3. Save as Excel file or Word file.
4. Open and pretranslate with the previous TM.
5. Clean it.

Some Excel files are not suitable to save as *.txt file etc. if they contain graphic, formula, text box etc. But they may be save as another Excel file. On the final stage, you can combine [paste] both types of files in Excel after the translation process.

Cheers,
Soonthon L.

Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I "save file as tab delimited file"? Jun 30, 2008

Many thanks to Soonthon for his helpful input.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but how do I do Soonthon's suggestion of "saving the file as tab delimited file?"

I am sure that it will be obvious to me when someone has explained how - but I would be grateful for some help at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further to my "how do I save file..." just posted: I think I've got it Jun 30, 2008

Further to my "how do I save file..." just posted: I think I've got it.

Sorry to have wasted your time with my posting. (I googled my question and got my answer.)

Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Enterprise support have provided the answer Jul 1, 2008

Michael Edwards of SDL enterprise support has helpfully provided what must be the answer. The URL is http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1478&p=1.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor error 80005 accessing Excel file "Unable to get the Name property of the Series class"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs