Word 2007 and MultiTerm: Word will not close
Thread poster: Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
Local time: 06:02
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 2, 2008

I upgraded to Office 2007 and I encounter the following problem: unless I deactivate the MultiTerm add-in, Word will not close, will hang and has to be "forced" to close. Did anyone see this behaviour and has an idea how to solve it?

Thanks,
Rita

Ronny7
Ronny7
Local time: 08:02
English to Russian
Addon Jul 3, 2008

I had this problem and i've solved it by deactivating another addons in MS Word 2007. This addons may be from Microsoft or other software installed on your PC. I have removed bluetooth add-on and addon for recognizing smart tags. I think the last is the main saboteur

Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 3, 2008

Ronny, you saved my day! Thanks a lot. It was the bluetooth one

Adea
Adea
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
It's the bluetooth add-on Jul 9, 2008

I had exactly the same problem. Disabling the bluetooth add-on helped in my case too. Thanks a lot!

Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:02
French to English
Word does not close May 20, 2009

Hello and THANK YOU for your post. Dell would only tell me to reinstall Windows. I found your post and it worked!!!!
Sad enough, even the Windows reinstall with all the trouble that takes would not have helped.

Jessie Nelson

paolamonaco
paolamonaco  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:02
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you very much Sep 17, 2009

I've been trying to solve this problem for months.
Then I read this thread.

Thank you again.
Paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007 and MultiTerm: Word will not close

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »