Word 2002 crashes frequently on Vista with Trados 7.5
Thread poster: Anil Gidwani

Anil Gidwani  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:26
German to English
+ ...
Jul 5, 2008

Anyone facing the same problem? I just acquired a new laptop that came pre-loaded with Vista. MS Word XP (2002) works fine on the machine. I have Trados 7.5.0.756 (build 756).

When closing a segment, MS Word crashes 30% of the time. This happens mostly when hitting Set/Close or Close, that is, when closing a segment. As you can imagine, it is a tremendous drain on productivity, since the unclean file being translated has to be recovered each time, followed by Trados Fix Document and various other hoops before work can continue.

Anyone else experienced this issue? How did you resolve it? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Anil Gidwani

Direct link Reply with quote

David Earl  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:56
Member (2007)
German to English
Vista problem, or other? Jul 5, 2008

I've had this happen under a couple of circumstances, both Win][k. In the one case, the problem was equations created with Word's Equation Editor in the same paragraph. In the other case, it was large images in the paragraph.

The solution in both cases was to avoid the paragraphs with those items (yup, the entire paragraph), and translate them as part of "post production", after cleaning the files with Trados.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2002 crashes frequently on Vista with Trados 7.5

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs