Multiterm 7 icons don't appear on word's interface
Thread poster: Joaquín DONDO

Joaquín DONDO  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:22
Partial member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 5, 2008

Hi all. I need your help with Multiterm.
I have both Trados 7 and Multiterm 7 installed in my PC, but Word doesn't seem to recognize the multiterm. The Multiterm icon bar should appear next to the Trados buttons, and a "tab" should appear among Word's menu-items too, and none of them is there. I have already tried copying and pasting the file 'MultiTerm7.dot' into the Office Startup folder, as someone suggested in another post, but it didn't work either. Any suggestions as what to do?
Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you very much.

Joaquin

[Edited at 2008-07-06 01:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:22
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Multiterm box ticked off? Jul 6, 2008

Have you checked in

Tools + Templates and Add Ins + Templates

whether the Multiterm box is ticked off?

Partial member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm box ticked on Jul 6, 2008

Hi, Luisa. Thanks for your reply. It's funny, because I had no idea of the existence of that component. But I checked it and it is ticked ON, and the route of the file Multiterm7.dot seems to be fine. Do you have any idea of what else it can be?
Thank you very much!

Joaquin

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another possibility Jul 6, 2008

Hi Joaquín,

I´ve read in these fora that many problems regarding Multiterm can be solved by registering the application into your system and I suppose you´ll have to reboot the computing afterwards.
I don´t know if this will solve your specific problem, but it might be worth giving a try.

Go to your Multiterm folder (my path is Archivos de programas - Trados - Multiterm and find the file #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat, double clic on it so it can register the application in your system.

Hope it helps
Marina

Partial member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another possibility (failed) Jul 6, 2008

Thanks, Marina. I've tried your suggestion, but it didn't work either, even after restarting the computer.
It's a real mystery! Any other suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No, sorry Jul 6, 2008

Hi!

Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling the whole package again (first Multiterm and then Trados, as I read in another thread), I haven´t the faintest idea what you can do.

Using my previous version of Trados (6.5) I once lost the Trados menu in Word and could only recover it when I upgraded Trados to the 2007 version.

Maybe the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall everything. But don´t loose hope, wait till Jerzy or any other Trados "master" come up during the week, they might have a solution.

Have you searched Trados Knowledgebase? I don´t know the URL, but if you do a Google search I´m sure you can find it, it´s something like www.talisma.sdl.com, or search the fora, I´m sure it´s here somewhere.

Regards,
Marina

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:22
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Me neither, sorry Jul 6, 2008

I agree with Marina. Jerzy or Ralf may have the answer.

[Edited at 2008-07-06 22:37]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 7 icons don't appear on word's interface

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs