clean up problem
Thread poster: latistan
latistan
latistan
English to Latvian
Jul 10, 2008

first of all i am new to trados,i have trados 2007 with word 2003...can anybody tell me do I do wrong or there is some fault in my computer like compatibility with prog....as i start tarnslation it works fine as it should but when i finish and do cleanup after changing bak file to doc. nothing happens these 2 file is completely identical and dont show brackets with source and target..respectively shows only the translated material...im really confused what should i do ..i have uninstalled un in... See more
first of all i am new to trados,i have trados 2007 with word 2003...can anybody tell me do I do wrong or there is some fault in my computer like compatibility with prog....as i start tarnslation it works fine as it should but when i finish and do cleanup after changing bak file to doc. nothing happens these 2 file is completely identical and dont show brackets with source and target..respectively shows only the translated material...im really confused what should i do ..i have uninstalled un insatlled it again countless times it just dont work,thnx in advance.Collapse

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:36
English to Swedish
Hidden text Jul 10, 2008

This is not a bug or a fault of your computer but a feature in TRADOS.

To view both source and target in the uncleaned file you need to display hidden text in Word. Select Hidden text from the menu, Tools - Options - View tab, or from the toolbar.

This has been discussed before, search for hidden text in the forums for more information.

Åsa

latistan
latistan
English to Latvian
TOPIC STARTER
thnx Jul 17, 2008

Åsa Campbell wrote:

This is not a bug or a fault of your computer but a feature in TRADOS.

To view both source and target in the uncleaned file you need to display hidden text in Word. Select Hidden text from the menu, Tools - Options - View tab, or from the toolbar.

This has been discussed before, search for hidden text in the forums for more information.

Åsa

thank you for explanation.really i found plenty of info and it works perfectly now

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

clean up problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »