Jude Alaiz
Jude Alaiz
Spain
Local time: 12:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 10, 2008

Hi

Can anyone tell me whether SDL Trados 2006 is in any way compatible with Quark 7 files? I have heard that to get Quark 7 files to work in Trados you need to buy a third party plugin called CopyFlow by Napsys. However I have only seen this in the context of SDL Trados 2007 and not 2006. I don't want to purchase the product and then find that it only works with version 2007 of Trados or later.

Does anyone know if CopyFlow can convert Quark 7 files so that they work wit
... See more
Hi

Can anyone tell me whether SDL Trados 2006 is in any way compatible with Quark 7 files? I have heard that to get Quark 7 files to work in Trados you need to buy a third party plugin called CopyFlow by Napsys. However I have only seen this in the context of SDL Trados 2007 and not 2006. I don't want to purchase the product and then find that it only works with version 2007 of Trados or later.

Does anyone know if CopyFlow can convert Quark 7 files so that they work with the 2006 version of SDL Trados?

Thanks
Collapse

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
Of course…… Jul 10, 2008

It works with Trados 2006. The CopyFlow Gold converts Quark 7 files to *.tag files, it can be opened with TagEditor 7.5 or 7.0. I had tested it myself.

Regards,
Han Li

Denis HAY
Denis HAY  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:14
English to French
CopyFlow gold output can be translated using *any* CAT tool Jul 14, 2008

Hi all,

Just as a side note, SDL Trados 2007 is no more "compatible" with QuarkXPress 7 than *any* other CAT tool.

It costs an arm and a leg to buy not only QuarkXPress 7 (1500 €), but also CopyFlow Gold (500 €), but its final output is XML based and can be translated using almost any CAT tool on the market, so nothing Trados-specific here, unlike what many may want you to believe.

You can then use SDL Trados 2006 to your heart's content, just as you wo
... See more
Hi all,

Just as a side note, SDL Trados 2007 is no more "compatible" with QuarkXPress 7 than *any* other CAT tool.

It costs an arm and a leg to buy not only QuarkXPress 7 (1500 €), but also CopyFlow Gold (500 €), but its final output is XML based and can be translated using almost any CAT tool on the market, so nothing Trados-specific here, unlike what many may want you to believe.

You can then use SDL Trados 2006 to your heart's content, just as you would with any XML compatible CAT tool.

Previous versions were different, as the Trados Story Collector plugin for Quark 5 and 6 was indeed Trados-specific.

Kind regards,
Denis Hay
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2006 and Quark 7

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »