Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:12
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Jul 10, 2008

Trados 8 was working fine but today I tried to open WB and I get a message about a missing tradostiputil.dll file and it prompts me to reinstall Trados. The installer won't let me install Trados. nor repair it for that matter. Do I have to uninstall it before? And if so, should I remove the license first?

Edit:
It seems that the shortcut was the problem, knowing how to repair a bad installation could be useful.

[Edited at 2008-07-10 19:32]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:12
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
First I would try to register SDL Trados Jul 10, 2008

Go to Start - Programs - SDL International - SDL Trados 2007 - Trados and let the "Register SDL Trados ..." run.
The dll in question is located in the program directory of SDL Trados and most probably remained intact, so the registration should do the trick.

If you are forced to reinstall, so even if it is NOT necessary to return the license, when you reinstall on THE SAME PC, I would return the license first, than deinstall the software, rename the keys in Windows registry (from ie Trados to _Trados) and than restart the PC and reinstall SDL Trados.

Best regards
Jerzy

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:12
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 10, 2008

Thank you Jerzy.

Kevin Fulton
United States
Local time: 10:12
German to English
Same problem, but opens with Synergy Jan 28, 2010

I recently transferred my license to a new computer ( Trados 8.0.063, Win 7 Professional). I installed the program, and opened a test project using Synergy, as that was the default icon on my desktop. Everything worked OK. I created shortcuts to the desktop for TagEditor and Workbench from the shortcuts presented in Synergy. Later when I went to start a project, I clicked on the shortcuts and got the same messages as Claudia (plus one for a missing TradosFilterFrameworkComApi.dll).

I reregistered the program, then tried again. No joy. For the heck of it, I opened Synergy again, and I was allowed to open both TE and WB.

Very strange behavior, I think.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I repair a Trados installation?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs