Unopened Trados asks for saving changes
Thread poster: Roland Nienerza

Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

Local time: 16:47
English to German
+ ...
Jul 11, 2008

Hello,

I had a year ago problems with implementing Service Pack 2 to SDL Trados 2007. - After asking support I managed to get it done, but Service Pack for Multiterm was not to be fed in.

After many tries of uninstalling and reinstalling I ended up with Trados and Multiterm twice in the Word toolbar. - I have almost never used Multiterm anyhow, and although I had Trados twice in the toolbar everything worked.

Two months ago I had a short try with Wordfast as a possible alternative Trados. Since then, on each closing of Word I was asked whether to "Save Changes to Multiterm?" - although I had no Multiterm open and not even opened Trados.

In order to get rid of this as well as the double presence of both Trados and Multiterm in Word I recently again returned the licence, uninstalleld all I had of SDL in panel control - Trados, Multiterm and Synergy, reinstalled Trados and Multiterm and activated. -

Now Trados and Multiterm are both just once in the Word toolbar. - But instead of Multiterm it is now Trados that on every closing of Word asks me whether I wish to "Save Changes to Trados?"

Does anyone know a solution for this kind of malfunction?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
KB Article Jul 11, 2008

Hi

Check out the article "Troubleshooting the Save Changes prompt for Trados8.dot(m) or MultiTerm7.dot(m) when closing Microsoft Word" in the SDL Trados KB.
Link to the KB is http://talisma.sdl.com

Just type in the search the article number 1981

Cheers

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Rykardo - Jul 12, 2008

That looks very much to the point. -

I printed out the article and will try it soon.

R N

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the files are not to be deleted Aug 22, 2008

Optiproz Prime wrote:

Check out the article "Troubleshooting the Save Changes prompt for Trados8.dot(m) or MultiTerm7.dot(m) when closing Microsoft Word" in the SDL Trados KB.
Link to the KB is http://talisma.sdl.com

Just type in the search the article number 1981

Cheers

I have tried the solution proposed by Talisma. -

But on trying to delete $RADOS8.dot and $ltiTerm7.dot, as they are called by them and as they are actually recorded in XP/Word 2003, there comes the information that for being zip-compressed files they cannont be deleted.

R N

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unopened Trados asks for saving changes

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs