Mobile menu

How do i work with Trados and Power point???
Thread poster: translateitnow
translateitnow
Local time: 14:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 13, 2008

Hello:

I would like to know what do i have to do to use SDl Trados 7 and power point, how do i make the interface? of how do i get the template from trados???

Also if anyone has time to explain me what is multiterm good for? do you really need it to translate ot it is just an extra help

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:54
Open PowerPoint files in TagEditor Jul 13, 2008

You cannot translate files in Powerpoint like you can in Word.
If you need to translate a Powerpoint file, you open the Workbench and open the Powerpoint file in TagEditor and save the file. TagEditor automatically saves as a bilingual ttx file, which you after translation can clean-up to produce the translated Powerpoint file.

Jørgen

[Edited at 2008-07-13 12:12]

xxxUSER0059  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:54
English to Finnish
+ ...
MultiTerm is a terminology database Jul 13, 2008

translateitnow wrote:

[W]hat is multiterm good for? do you really need it to translate ot it is just an extra help

MultiTerm is a tool for managing terminology. As an example, if you have glossaries that you can export as Excel workbooks, you can then import them into MultiTerm.

Once you have a MultiTerm database, you may set Translator's Workbench up to query MultiTerm automatically.

translateitnow
Local time: 14:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can not open it in Tag editor Jul 13, 2008

I tried to open it but it there is a problem with the interface and it wont let me open it, is there a way to fix this?

And i have multiterm i have not been able to get it to work whenever i translate it Trados i go to terminology recognition i choose the language combination for multiterm but i get any massage about any terms or is it like the TM that i have to save them for future jobs??

Thank you for your time

Will

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More specific information, please Jul 13, 2008

Will,
Please help us to help you by providing as much detailed information as you can (as noted on the screen displayed for posting a new topic - for a good reason):

- What is your exact software version you're using?

translateitnow wrote:
I tried to open it but it there is a problem with the interface and it wont let me open it, is there a way to fix this?

- What is the exact error message you get?

Without these details, this is pure guesswork, I'm afraid.

And i have multiterm i have not been able to get it to work whenever i translate it Trados i go to terminology recognition i choose the language combination for multiterm but i get any massage about any terms or is it like the TM that i have to save them for future jobs??

May I suggest to refer to the interactive tutorials and software documentation (specifically, the MultiTerm 7 Desktop User Guide) - both of which are part of your MultiTerm installation.

Best regards,
Ralf

Silvia Ortega Lorenzo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Using SDL trados to translate in Powerpoint 2007 Aug 17, 2008

I have Office 2007 and I am uite confused, because I can use my SDL Trados normally with some files (I use the Import/Export Wizard) but with some others I can't use it (or am too clumsy to have found the way).

Is there a reason as to why it works for some ando not others?

THanks!

Silvia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do i work with Trados and Power point???

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs