Mobile menu

Trados Workbench running very slowly
Thread poster: Jim Alder

Jim Alder  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:38
German to English
Jul 14, 2008

In certain documents, when running 2007 Translator's Workbench and MS Word 2007, Workbench takes forever (at least 45 seconds to 1 minute) to move from one segment to the next. Some documents are just fine and things run at a normal speed, but some are atrociously slow. I have not been able to determine what is making the difference. Any suggestions as to how I can speed things up?

Direct link Reply with quote
Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:38
Spanish to French
+ ...
Reorganize Jul 14, 2008

I've you tried and reorganize your TM (in File Menu)?

Jim Alder  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:38
German to English
Reorganizing helped a little possibly Jul 14, 2008

I tried "reorganizing", but while it helped a little, it's still taking about 30 seconds to open the next segment. Any other ideas out there?

Local time: 08:38
English to Chinese
File size Jul 17, 2008

If the size of your file is too large, Workbench will be very slow. You can try to split a big file into many small ones, then Workbench will be faster than before.

Tomás Cano Binder, CT  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:38
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Images or icons in the file? Jul 17, 2008

We have experienced this behaviour with files containing images or icons in the text. In the segment before, after and containing an image, Trados's process is very slow.

In any case, my advice is that you use TagEditor, which does not have these problems and is rather neutral whatever the Word file contains.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench running very slowly

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs