Hello,

I have a text to translate, which is built up

1. Source
2. Other language
3. Target

1. source
2. Other language
.... and so forth

There are many of such groups, and they are of varying length - between 1 and 4-5 lines each.

The texts are tabulated.

I have both Word 2007 and 2003 available. ..
Any good ideas a part form the old fashioned one working your way line after line.

Thanks in advance
Birthe

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change text to tables Jul 17, 2008

Than, by selecting the table colums, containing what shall not be translated, hide the text by formatting characters as hidden.
Now open the text in Tageditor and you will be presented only what shall be translated.
After you're ready unhide text in Word and change table to text, separated by tabulators.
Note: this works only for Word 2003 (and mayb lower), hiding text in Word 2007 does not work.

Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 00:20
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not all that easy Jul 17, 2008

Thank you so much for your reply
.. actually my first was to try to convert into a table, which I am in the process to do -however there are some inconsequences in the tabulation, so I now have to cut an paste texts - from one column into the 'right one' (the lines in original are separated by soft returns). This process seems to be very time consuming. I was trying to see if I could build macros to make it work in an easier.

Any other good solutions ?

Kind regards
Birthe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keep source and target texts in same document with Trados .. or other CAT

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs