Mobile menu

PhraseFinder does not export phrases
Thread poster: rikkie
Local time: 17:32
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jul 18, 2008

Using PhraseFinder 2005 Version 1.1, I'm trying to to export phrases from a monolingual phrase extraction project.

However, the exported .txt file (after selecting "Custom Tab-Delimited") shows only the column titles such as "Source Original" or "Source Root", and no extracted (and validated) phrases.

In Export Wizard Step 2 of 3, even the following selections are made, no phrases are exported:

- Type of Term to Export: Export Phrases and Words
- Validated Text: Export Validated and Nonvalidated Terms
- Best Candidates: Do not limited to best matches

Strangely, if I select "Context" to export, the contents of "Context" IS exported while "Source Original" or "Source Root" are empty.

Could anyone tell me what's wrong with my procedure?

Many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote
PhraseFinder export wizard creates files but they are mostly empty. Oct 1, 2010

Hello everybody!

I've got SDL PhraseFinder 2005, Version 1.1 Build 50.

There are two problems with the program.

1) The export creates files but these are mostly empty. From term-lists including approximately 140 items only a few (randomly chosen?) rankings or frequencies are put into the export file (txt, custom delimited). The headlines are there but no term candidates at all, neither original nor root.

2) The program crashes when I try to save my own personal blocked list to a seperate file.

SDL sent me to user forums, because they do not give support for free. I hope that somebody here can help me instead to solve this problem or to find an alternative product that actually works.

Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PhraseFinder does not export phrases

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs