TagEditor crashes randomly when opening some files
Thread poster: Nicole Maina

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:58
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jul 21, 2008

I am using TagEditor with XP translating ttx files. Sometimes when I open a file, TagEditor crashes, and I have to try 4 or 5 times before I am able to open the document.

Now I have managed to translate 8 out of 10 files, but there is no way to open the last 2 files. Same TM, same project, same format... but they won't open. What could the reason be?

Thank you very much in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:58
Partial member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
MS Word troubles? Jul 22, 2008

1. In my recent jobs, source texts were in MS Word XP version. I use SDL Trados 2007 and Word 2003. Even I use TagEditor but there is interface with Word. I got many errors due to graphics in source files.
I found later that Word 2003 and Word XP use different graphic coding. I needed to update my MS Office 2003 with Service Pack 1.
After that, TagEditor rarely collapses, but it may does sometime: Weak points of Trados.
2. In another instance, I needed to save *.doc as *.rtf and *.doc again. Or Open and repair in Word.
3. I rarely have TagEditor shutdown troubles with other file formats: xls, ppt, htm, inx, itd, bif, xml, txt, rtf, mif, qxd, indd etc.
4. SDL Trados has patch for TagEditor bugs: Open the Support tab of SDL International website to download and install.

Soonthon L.

[Edited at 2008-07-22 05:10]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor crashes randomly when opening some files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs