Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:20
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2008

For some reason, the boxes in the 'Add Term' dialog are completely empty. I uninstalled and reinstalled MT but the buttons remain empty. Any idea what might be wrong?

Here's a SS:

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:20
English
Multiterm7.dot... Jul 23, 2008

Hello Claudia,

This may be a problem with the Multiterm template used by Word. I would recommend replacing the template. Please follow these instructions:

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\*YOUR NAME*\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

2. Make sure there is a Multiterm7.dot file in this folder.

3. We now need to find the original template. Please go to C:\Program Files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\Templates

4. Copy the Multiterm template into the above Word\Startup folder, replacing the existing file.

Now delete the normal.dot file from the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\*YOUR NAME*\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

This should reset the templates.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:20
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Been there, done that Jul 23, 2008

I experience this problem on a regular basis whenever I fool around with templates - like unselecting MT when I don't need it and reselecting it later or for no apparent reason.

In Windows XP
Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\ApplicationData\Trados\MultiTerm and delete MultiTerm7dot.xml.

This is a file that will regenerate itself. For some unexplained reason,this file often becomes corrupt.
This procedure is very likely to come in useful at some other time, so it's a good idea to save it.

Best regards,
Sandra

Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Vista Jul 23, 2008

I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised I'm receiving support from SDL. I thought that was never going to happen. Thank you Gareth.

And Sandra's right, I did something to the templates because of a problem I had trying to install Multiterm. I tried to send an email to SDL support because according to them, they'd help with installation problems. I also tried submitting the problem using the SDL knowledge base and I even sent an angry email to the SDL profile here in Proz. Of course, all my emails and messages very ignored.

The problem I was that I couldn't even install MT properly to make it work with Word. The problem is mentioned in this thread and I tried several of the solutions posted and that included doing something to the MT template.

Is there a solution for SDL 7 SP2 in Vista? The folder structure is different than XP and things are usually more 'hidden'.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Vista Filepath... Jul 23, 2008

Hello Claudia,

Sandra is correct; I would recommend this if replacing the template is not successful. Also, if you are using Word 2007 then please make sure you are using the Multiterm7.dotm file and not the .dot because it requires a newer template.

The vista file paths are as follows:

Multiterm7dot.xml:

C:\Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\Trados\MultiTerm

If you (and other readers) wish to follow my previous post for Windows Vista then please replace the file paths with these:

Find Multiterm7.dot/dotm in
C:\Users\*YOUR NAME*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

Replace with Multiterm7.dot/dotm from
C:\Program Files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\Templates

Also, delete normal.dot from:

C:\Users\*YOURNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
SDL KB Jul 23, 2008

Check the knowledgebase article http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1466&p=1

Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 23, 2008

Thank you, that worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mutiterm+Word: Empty buttons in Multiterm 'Add Term' boxes

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs