Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format
Thread poster: lidolang

lidolang
Local time: 00:38
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hello,

I need your help. I'm working with SDL Trados 2007 and my problem is the following one: when I start TagEditor there appears the message: Failed to retrieve tag tollbar settings for plugin file format: Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file C:\...\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml.
After confirming TagEditor starts but it doesn’t run correctly. For example, when I try to insert a single tag I receive an empty tag. The only way to get tags inserted into a target segment is to use the Copy Source feature.
I installed Trados on my computer again but it didn't help - the problem is still existing.
Maybe someone of you had a similar problem... Thank you in advance for any help.

Anna

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-07-23 14:51]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
SDL KB Jul 24, 2008

Hi

Try the KB article....

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1643&p=1

Cheers

lidolang
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that was the point Jul 29, 2008

Hi Cheers,

the SP2 solved my problem - TagEditor is running OK.

Thanks so much for your help!

Anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs