Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format
Thread poster: lidolang

lidolang
Local time: 09:25
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hello,

I need your help. I'm working with SDL Trados 2007 and my problem is the following one: when I start TagEditor there appears the message: Failed to retrieve tag tollbar settings for plugin file format: Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file C:\...\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml.
After confirming TagEditor starts but it doesn’t run correctly. For example, when I try to insert a single tag I receive an empty tag. The only way to get tags inserted into a target segment is to use the Copy Source feature.
I installed Trados on my computer again but it didn't help - the problem is still existing.
Maybe someone of you had a similar problem... Thank you in advance for any help.

Anna

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-07-23 14:51]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
SDL KB Jul 24, 2008

Hi

Try the KB article....

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1643&p=1

Cheers

lidolang
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that was the point Jul 29, 2008

Hi Cheers,

the SP2 solved my problem - TagEditor is running OK.

Thanks so much for your help!

Anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs