Srdjan Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 07:29
Member (2007)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hi everybody,

When I try to open the filter settings window, I get the following error message:

"The application has failed to start because xml4c_5_4_0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I tried to re-install but no use.

Thanks,

Srdjan

Direct link Reply with quote

Marta Valdés Enríquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't know if this will help Jul 24, 2008

It happened to me that while having Trados 6.5 and 7 installed at the same time they sometimes got mad. I followed a technician advice and it worked: register the one you are going to use before actually starting it. To do it so, go to: Start > All Programs > Trados 7 > Register Trados 7 Freelance
This is an internal feature (you are not communicating any data to SDL International) and it will tell your computer to use Trados 7 settings and files first and you will have no more problems (if this is the issue).

Cheers,
Marta

Srdjan Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2007)
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
unfortunately no Jul 24, 2008

Hi Marta,

I had Trados 6.5 freelance prior to installing version 7. I tried to register it too, but the error message keeps popping up. Maybe my PC is haunted

Thanks anyway!
Srdjan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 freelance filter settings problem

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs