Srdjan Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 15:30
Member (2007)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hi everybody,

When I try to open the filter settings window, I get the following error message:

"The application has failed to start because xml4c_5_4_0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I tried to re-install but no use.

Thanks,

Srdjan

Marta Valdés Enríquez
Marta Valdés Enríquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't know if this will help Jul 24, 2008

It happened to me that while having Trados 6.5 and 7 installed at the same time they sometimes got mad. I followed a technician advice and it worked: register the one you are going to use before actually starting it. To do it so, go to: Start > All Programs > Trados 7 > Register Trados 7 Freelance
This is an internal feature (you are not communicating any data to SDL International) and it will tell your computer to use Trados 7 settings and files first and you will have no more problems (i
... See more
It happened to me that while having Trados 6.5 and 7 installed at the same time they sometimes got mad. I followed a technician advice and it worked: register the one you are going to use before actually starting it. To do it so, go to: Start > All Programs > Trados 7 > Register Trados 7 Freelance
This is an internal feature (you are not communicating any data to SDL International) and it will tell your computer to use Trados 7 settings and files first and you will have no more problems (if this is the issue).

Cheers,
Marta
Collapse

Srdjan Stepanovic
Srdjan Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2007)
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
unfortunately no Jul 24, 2008

Hi Marta,

I had Trados 6.5 freelance prior to installing version 7. I tried to register it too, but the error message keeps popping up. Maybe my PC is haunted

Thanks anyway!
Srdjan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 freelance filter settings problem

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »