Trados SDL 7 - Which would be the best solution for little office?
Thread poster: Anja Ludewig
Anja Ludewig
Local time: 22:56
English to German
+ ...
Jul 25, 2008

Hi everyone,

I am currently working to establish a little translation office with 3 computers. As I would like to install Trados 7 on all of them I was trying to find out what would be the best and most economical way to do that, but I couldnt really find my way through the complex and slightly confusing website of the company. So I hope to get some answers here, thanx in advance for your help already!

I don't need one of the big and cost-intensive sever-based packages, but instead would like to install trados freelance 7.0 on all 3 machines. Is it possible to purchase one licence and install it on all three machines, do I have to buy three licences or is there some other (cheaper?) way to do this.

All suggestions and tipps are very welcoming.

thanx, ana

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:56
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Freelance version is not for translation agencies Jul 25, 2008

Anja Ludewig wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am currently working to establish a little translation office with 3 computers. As I would like to install Trados 7 on all of them I was trying to find out what would be the best and most economical way to do that, but I couldnt really find my way through the complex and slightly confusing website of the company. So I hope to get some answers here, thanx in advance for your help already!

I don't need one of the big and cost-intensive sever-based packages, but instead would like to install trados freelance 7.0 on all 3 machines. Is it possible to purchase one licence and install it on all three machines, do I have to buy three licences or is there some other (cheaper?) way to do this.

All suggestions and tipps are very welcoming.

thanx, ana

Hello Ana,

I am not SDL, but I guess that is what they would tell you.

If the three computers will be connected with a local network between them, I'm afraid Trados Freelance simply won't run.

Other than that you can install one freelance licence on two computers at the most, as far as I can tell.

There are other cheaper CAT tools which can handle Trados formats, perhaps they would be a more economical solution for your office?

I won't mention any names this time, I did mention product name(s) in my other forum posts.

Regards,

Piotr

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados SDL 7 - Which would be the best solution for little office?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs