How to include TU in a TM already created in a "direct way"
Thread poster: KaroBordaBeckr

KaroBordaBeckr  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2008

Many thanks in advance

I would like to include new UTs to an already created TM "in a direct way", i.e., not while I am translating a given text using TWB. Is this possible? if so, how I should do it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:28
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Through "import" Jul 26, 2008

You can import Translator's Workbench (*.txt), TMX (*.tmx), Systran (*.rtf) and Logos (*.sgm) files to TW.

Juan Martín Fernández Rowda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Updating and Merging TMs Jul 26, 2008

You have two options to add new TUs to an existing TM.

If you have your translated bilingual files, you can just clean up a copy of this set of files selecting the Update TM option in the Clean Up window.

Another option is importing and exporting TMs. Suppose you want to "merge" two TMs, that is making one TM out of two, just export one of them using File > Export in Tr. Workbench. Then open the other TM and import the TM previously exported (in txt or tmx format) using File > Import.

Importing is a bit trickier than exporting, as you'll see there are many options like Merge, Overwrite, etc, so make sure you pick the right one.

Hope it helps

Juan Martín Fernández Rowda Professional Trainer

Vito Smolej
Local time: 11:28
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
PLusToyz Jul 28, 2008

... allow you to create importable files from a double-column Word files for instance. I dont think it can get more simple than that.

[Edited at 2008-07-28 14:11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to include TU in a TM already created in a "direct way"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs