Urgent help needed! Error 302 in S-Tag Verification Report. How to find the error?
Thread poster: Leena vom Hofe

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:59
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 27, 2008

Dear Collegues

After translation I have run the S-Tag Verification in Trados (S-Tagger for FrameMaker). (Working with Trados Freelance 7 and FrameMaker files)

Usually when encountering an error, the CMP file indicates the segment where to find and solve the problem. But now I only find this message:

[1] Error 302. There may be no text or internal tags between "imk 13" and the next external tag.
+++++++++++++ Text Segment +++++++++++++
"imk 13"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the STF-file I cannot find a Tag named "imk13". The file contains about 25.000 words so it is long. Do I have to get through the whole text again? Or is there a possiblity to find the exact segment easier?

I must admit that, even if I should find the segment, I absolutely don't know what the problem is.

The "S-Tagger for FrameMaker Help" states: Error 302. There may be no text or internal tags between "tag" and the next external tag.
Text and internal tags may only appear after certain external tags. The "tag" as reported above is not one of them.

Could someone help me and explain what this is supposed to mean (maybe this means that I have entered a letter somewhere between two segments by accident?) and how I could solve the problem?

I need this file converted into FrameMaker by tomorrow...

Many thanks

Have a nice sunday everyone!

Leena

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you try to locate the "imk 13" tag in your translated file? Jul 27, 2008

You did not state, if you work with rtf or ttx files.
In the case you work with rtf files: search for the tag content in Word.
For ttx file - open the file in Notepad and search for the tag there.
If you do not find this tag, search in the same file, coming from the "source" folder.
Somehow it looks like you are missing a tag, really.

BR
Jerzy

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! It worked! Jul 27, 2008

Thank you Jerzy.

That was what I was looking for! I found the external tag "imk 13" in Notepad and it really was a space between this tag and the next external tag.

I now can convert the files.

You made my day!

Thank you!

Leena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent help needed! Error 302 in S-Tag Verification Report. How to find the error?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs