Thread poster: Marcos Zattar
Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 22:54
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 29, 2008

Hello,

My TagEditor 8.2.0.835 (build 835) is having trouble exporting .ttx back to .ppt (I use PowerPoint version 2002 SP3). My target language is Portuguese, which has accented characters and cedilla. All occurences of accented characters or cedilla get a different formatting than the rest of the word. For example: the word in EN "deposit" is formatted with boldface Arial size 20. After translating the segment and exporting back to .ppt, I get the word "depósito" correctly formatted, with exception of "ó", which I get in boldface Times New Roman size 20.

In the .ttx file itself there are no "intruder" tags around these characters, so that I assume the error occurs during exporting.

If PowerPoint's search and replace function were as smart as MS-Word's, I could just replace the occurences of Times New Roman - unfortunately it is not that smart

I would appreciate if someone could help me on that!

Kind regards,
Marcos

[Edited at 2008-07-29 18:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
It's some sort of bug in PowerPoint Jul 30, 2008

Pre-2007 versions of PowerPoint got some sort of a bug related to the font used to display the accented characters. Sorry, no workaround so far

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Trados KB Jul 30, 2008

http://talisma.sdl.com
Article # 2196

Marcos Zattar
Germany
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Procedure that saves time! Jul 30, 2008

Thanks! The solution indicated in the article you mentionend helped me save time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor changes fonts of accented characters in exported PPT

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs