100% match not shown in the target segment
Thread poster: FionaNg
FionaNg
FionaNg
Local time: 01:53
English
Aug 1, 2008

Hi

Even though I have a 100% match in my TM, Tag Editor does not offer this automatically on the Target text translation bar. Is because of tags problem?

For example:
The source is
Preparation for Use

With using Concordance, the text can be shown, but how can I make Tag Editor to do that?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fiona

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:23
English to Swedish
Tags? Aug 1, 2008

This could be due to differences in tags in the source and the target, or perhaps penalties.

I suggest you lower the "Minimum match value" in Options-Translation Memory Options-General. Try with a value as low as 50%, if it works you can try to increase it until you find a value that works for you (I normally use a value between 65-80% depending on the TM).

You can also adjust the penalties in Options-Translation Memory Options-Penalties.

Åsa

FionaNg
FionaNg
Local time: 01:53
English
TOPIC STARTER
Minimum match value = 35% Aug 4, 2008

Thanks Åsa Campbell.

I have adjusted the "Minimum match value" to 35%, but still can not get it.

May i know what is the usage of penalties?

Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100% match not shown in the target segment

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »