repetition english sentence in winalign
Thread poster: FionaNg
FionaNg
Local time: 18:31
English
Aug 1, 2008

Hi

When i was aligning segment in winalign, i found that there has repetition english sentence, does the winalign has the function to detect it and prompt a message box to inform you that the same segment has been inputed?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fiona

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 12:31
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Repetitive segments are not WinAlign's concern Aug 1, 2008

it's the TWB, that addresses this question. Either the segments are identical, so it is no problem anyhow, or the targets differ, then it's up to the creator of the translation memory to decide whether this is of importance (multiple vs single translations selection during the creation of the TM).

FionaNg
Local time: 18:31
English
TOPIC STARTER
Function to detect the repetitive sengment in winalign Aug 4, 2008

Thanks Vito Smolej.

Actually i want to know is winalign has a function to detect the repetitive of the segment.

Because when i inputing base using winalign, i can't remember what i have aligned at the above segments, but when i have checked through it agian, i found that i have aligned 2 segments that have same english. These will waste my time if i need to check it agian.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

repetition english sentence in winalign

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs