https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/111526-repetition_english_sentence_in_winalign.html

repetition english sentence in winalign
Thread poster: FionaNg
FionaNg
FionaNg
Local time: 20:56
English
Aug 1, 2008

Hi

When i was aligning segment in winalign, i found that there has repetition english sentence, does the winalign has the function to detect it and prompt a message box to inform you that the same segment has been inputed?

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fiona

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:56
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Repetitive segments are not WinAlign's concern Aug 1, 2008

it's the TWB, that addresses this question. Either the segments are identical, so it is no problem anyhow, or the targets differ, then it's up to the creator of the translation memory to decide whether this is of importance (multiple vs single translations selection during the creation of the TM).

FionaNg
FionaNg
Local time: 20:56
English
TOPIC STARTER
Function to detect the repetitive sengment in winalign Aug 4, 2008

Thanks Vito Smolej.

Actually i want to know is winalign has a function to detect the repetitive of the segment.

Because when i inputing base using winalign, i can't remember what i have aligned at the above segments, but when i have checked through it agian, i found that i have aligned 2 segments that have same english. These will waste my time if i need to check it agian.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

repetition english sentence in winalign

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »