Multiterm Video Display Problem
Thread poster: geedub21
geedub21  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:35
English to Welsh
Aug 1, 2008

Hi

I'm trying to add a video to a Multiterm termbase, it's in avi format and is WAY under the 5mb filesize that trados recomends.

The problem is it will only play when i go in to edit the entry - when i just view the term it displays the field name but only has a small white box (5mm by 5mm) by the side of it with a dot in the middle.

pictures display ok

oh, i'm using MT version 7.1.0.361

Any advice will be gratefully received

Direct link Reply with quote

United Kingdom
English to Welsh
TOPIC STARTER
help Aug 17, 2008

anyone have any ideas?

any assistance would be greatfully received

United Kingdom
English to Welsh
TOPIC STARTER
almost cracked it... Oct 5, 2008

ok, having done hours of testing and (what seems like) hundreds of tests it looks like Internet Explorer 7 is causing the problem.

The video worked fine on an old laptop, I gradually changed things on it to make the setup the same as the computers that don’t display the video (installing same a/v and firewall software and installing service pack 2 for XP) and all was ok, then I installed IE7 and the problem was replicated but was back working again when I uninstalled and went back to IE6.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Cheers

Gareth

xxxOptiproz Pri
Local time: 18:35
English
Resolution..... Sep 15, 2009

Hi

You need to add a "about:blank" to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer 7 or higher by following the next steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools > Internet Options > Security
2. In the Security tab highlight in the dialog box the Trusted Site zone and click on the button "Sites"
3. Untick the box "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone"
4. In the "Add this website to the zone" dialog box type: about:blank
and click on the button "Add" to confirm/add this site using the actual zone security settings.
5. Click on "Close" and restart MultiTerm. The problem is solved and the media files run as they should.

Cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Video Display Problem

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs