A way to remove tags in inx or ttx files (tag editor) files? export to txt?
Thread poster: 855649 (X)
 855649 (X)
855649 (X)  Identity Verified

Local time: 15:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 2, 2008

I've received a bunch of inx files from a client for a Chinese to English job. I came across a very interesting post suggesting going throughout the file doing a terminology search/extract first, making a glossary of it, and then translating (http://mac.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/102113-any_tips_on_how_to_build_a_termbase.html if you... See more
I've received a bunch of inx files from a client for a Chinese to English job. I came across a very interesting post suggesting going throughout the file doing a terminology search/extract first, making a glossary of it, and then translating (http://mac.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/102113-any_tips_on_how_to_build_a_termbase.html if your interested). It sounds like a good idea, and I want to try it, but it seems I have to use txt files with the concordance program I want to use. So thus my question, is there any way to remove the tags in the inx or ttx file, and create a simple txt from them that I can load ito other extraction programs? I would appreciate any advice on the matter. If anyone knows of a good concordance program for Asian or Chinese characters, that'd be nice too, so far I'm going to try AntConc.Collapse

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 09:33
English to Dutch
+ ...
export unknown segments Aug 2, 2008

create a simple txt

Use or create an empty* translation memory to analyse the files: following the analysis you can use the "Export unknown segments" option to create an RTF (don't use the format TXT yet): open and save the RTF as txt only, or copy the RTF's content into a notepad file.

That should do it.

* to export really all of them.

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:33
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Preview plugin Aug 2, 2008

You can also use the plugin for preview (based on ccs). Some of the options allow displaying of ttx in plain text.

855649 (X)
855649 (X)  Identity Verified

Local time: 15:33
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked like a charm Aug 3, 2008

Ah got it, yep, that worked wonders. It actually still left a bit of encoding left, but it was highlighted in red, so a simple replace all deleted the red formatting codes easily enough. Thanks a ton for the help saitch and Jabberwock, truly appreciate it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A way to remove tags in inx or ttx files (tag editor) files? export to txt?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »