Thread poster: Gabriella Fisichella

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:34
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 3, 2008

Hello everybody,

I had to format my PC for the second time this year. This means I had to re-install Trados twice.
As I've already used my activation code twice - the first time when I bought the software and the second one when I re-installed it after formatting my computer a couple of months ago, I cannot use it any more. Here is the error message I get after entering my activation code:

"The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 5349-60269 (Error code 50040)"

How can I activate the product? Has anybody ever had the same problem?

Thanks in advance
Gabriella

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
You write to SDL Trados and explain the situation Aug 3, 2008

Hi Gabriella,

If you write to them - for example, via the contact form on their web page - and explain the situation, they will put a new activation code for you on your personal page. At least, I had a similar problem recently, and that is what they did. You might also try phoning them, to speed up the matter.

Astrid

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
The proper way ... Aug 3, 2008

would be to return the license back to SDL FIRST and THEN have the PC crash.

But I think, SDL TRADOS will show some flexibity ...

Gabriella Fisichella  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't know I had to return the licence first Aug 4, 2008

I found out only yesterday by reading SDL help topics on the web that I had to return the licence before formatting my PC:-(

I've already reported my problem to their technical support and hope they contact me soon. Otherwise I'll ring them up to speed up the matter.

Thank you Vito and Astrid!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 activation denied

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs